Are you a traditionalist? You don’t like change? You think what you have done and what you are doing is ‘good enough’. If it isn’t broken, why fix it? In marketing, business, and in life, we all get into a place of complacency (whether we realize it or not). Everything is working out swimmingly, so let’s ride that wave. Because you’re a smart person, in the back of your mind, you’re thinking, “When is it going to all change?” Stay ahead of the curve. Most people know SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, however, I look at it through a different pair of lenses. I call it Strategic Evolutionary Obsession. Are the traditionalists still with me?
Strategic Evolutionary Obsession is developing a smart, passionate roadmap for the future. Putting it in simplistic terms, you need to have a proper plan in place, moving forward with your business/organization. That’s why it is so vital to have a presence in search engines. SEO goes much deeper and is more involved than just rankings; this isn’t 2011. When you are searching for anything in life, you are either searching online, or asking others for recommendations. And they developed their opinions and answers from researching online. It’s time you start to look at Google as ground zero for information, intelligence, and growth.
Why dip your toes into the SEO waters?
- SEO isn’t dead- More and more people are realizing this and are knocking on our door for our services. They understand in order to grow; you have to be progressively visible online.
- No one is going to stop using a search engine to look up information- Currently over 4 billion people worldwide are using Google everyday. Also, 90% of customers check online reviews before making a purchase. You have to ask yourself, what if you got a little piece of that monstrous pumpkin pie? (I like pumpkin pie; it has nothing to do with SEO).
- You’re doing PPC and social media marketing- SEO needs to be the strong foundation to all of your marketing efforts. What’s the point of putting on a fancy Mediterranean style roof on your 10,000-sq. ft. brick mansion, if the foundation isn’t fixed first and not level? Work from the ground, up. Not the top, down.
- Google and other search engines are constantly changing their algorithms- Because of the constantly evolving search engine algorithms, your authority and visibility are constantly being reevaluated. It takes a team of SEO experts to handle the change, data, and time involved. If you want more information about this, check out our proprietary SEO technology, which we use as an extra boost, that stays ahead of these changes, SEAD.
- In my humble opinion, this is the most important reason. Your competitors are doing SEO- They have the vision, they are ahead of the curve, and they aren’t looking at SEO at the basic level. They are buying into, Strategic Evolutionary Obsession, the new SEO.
Strategic Evolutionary Obsession: a progressive and psychological mindset. Not only should you be looking at your marketing efforts with this mindset, you should be living your life like this. But I’m not a therapist, so seek professional help for that. For professional SEO help, I would be happy to help you!